Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Boat










An older skin on frame kayak was donated to Qajaq USA for the Traditional Paddlers Gathering silent auction last weekend, after walking by it a number of times I just couldn't resist trying it on for size ... just in case it might fit. Well, it turned out to be a perfect fit. I had paddled a number of SOF kayaks at the Gathering by then, and was sceptical I would fit in any boat other than one that was made for me. I put my bid in on the boat and by the end of the night, I was the proud owner of my first skin on frame kayak. Sunday morning was a real treat discovering the way it handles on the water. It has a few leaks, and is in need of recovering, but it is a perfect fit. I couldn't be happier with it. It's still plenty safe for a while yet, but this Winter will be a good time to do the recovering, Ceconite will probably be my covering of choice since my day job is an aircraft tech. I does roll nice!

No comments: