Thursday, December 27, 2007

Late Night Skiing


Was able to get out for some skiing last night. The lights are on until 10pm so after I finished catching up on some snow plowing, I had the last hour of lighting all to myself. French Lake seems to be a popular place for "after work skiers", but around 8 or 9 they all head home. I managed to get on a 5 person relay team for the Mora "Vasaloppet". This event (I'm told its NOT a race, but an event) is in February, and if I am going to be required to ski at an "event" pace for 15k, I am going to have to get out most every evening and do some conditioning. Dave has done a recent post on this "event" we are signed up for.

I did manage to get the kick wax on the ski's almost perfect last night, even with the fresh snow the uphills went went really well.

4 comments:

Nora Whitmore said...

Hey Ron,
I've been doing alot of XC skiing also. This is the first winter in ages there has been consistantly enough snow to get out and ski. Remember those bluffs around Red Wing. There are some XC ski trails up them that can be pretty gnar...switchbacks and such. Lots of fun! Have you done river skiing? I plan to take a weekend and ski the creeks up on the North Shore...I hear that's fun also!

Ron said...

Hi Nora, The skiing has been great this year. I haven't done any river skiing, but the North Shore area is some of the best skiing around. I'd like to ski the Bluffs sometime this Winter, I'll take a Saturday or Sunday soon and come check it out.

Nora Whitmore said...

Let me know when and I'll give you the tour. The best bluff skiing is the backside of Memorial Hill. Access it by the Mississippi Links golf course.

Ron said...

I'll be in touch ... sounds like some great skiing!