Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Recovering the Skin on Frame



The SOF is getting a new cover this week. Last Fall I removed the old covering thinking I'd have all winter to get some fabric, and have a go a the recovering job. Well here it is mid March and nothing happening on the boat ... until yesterday. It's a job I probably could have muddled through, but having someone with some experience could save a lot of time and mistakes. With the St Cloud Rolling Demo/Clinic fast approaching I needed some help. After a few emails Jeff Bjorgo ready to teach me a little about re-skinning a kayak. Jeff did a few minor repairs to the frame, and we were quickly getting underway, by about midnight last night we had the covering complete, and the combing attached. I need to order some color and the boat will be ready for some good years of service. I'll get a few more photos up soon.

4 comments:

Silbs said...

More pictures! I wish I remembered how to do that.

Ron said...

I really enjoyed the covering process, makes me want to someday build one.

TT said...

what a piece of art that is.

Ron said...

Enjoyed reading your world tour. I will follow along on your journey.