Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lake of the Isles




Winter seems to be holding fast this year. Last year around this time, the sun and warm temps were making short work of the snow. I think the first weekend in March last year we tried skiing the Vasa Trails up in Mora, and although we found some good skiing, we also found an abundance of grass where the trail was once hard packed snow! More than once we had to remove our skis and walk to the next area with enough shade to protect the snow pack. This year I managed to somehow injure my shoulder on the ski trails, so it looks like my skiing is over for the Winter regardless of snow cover. So, I am looking forward to Spring and soon getting the kayaks out on the local lakes again. With thoughts of Spring we ventured out in the 10f temps this morning for a walk around Lake of the Isles. You can see from the photos that we may have just a bit of a wait.

No comments: