Monday, April 19, 2010

Chippewa Flowage


The Chippewa Flowage is an outstanding early season kayaking destination. I had the good fortune of being invited along this year to enjoy some quiet time on the flowage. No fishing at all is allowed on the flowage until the normal fishing season has begun in Wisconsin. Consequently, we had over 15,000 acres and 230 miles of shoreline to explore with virtually no boater traffic to be seen. With the nice weather we could have easily had our choice of campsites. However, this time of year we could easily have had snow and or cold rain, so the cabin was a good choice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
babbler said...

That looks like you had an excellent time at the Flowage. I am located on the Yaquina Bay on the Central Coast of Oregon, we have some pretty decent paddling here too. I am glad I "paddled" through the blogs to find yours, I will go back and take a look at some of your past entries. Hope you have a great summer, come to "Adventures of Mr. Slug and Friends" and say hello sometime, I will certainly be back to say hello again. Thanks for the great blog and fun pictures! :) Happy paddling!
Love, Mrs. Slug

Ron said...

Great blog Mrs. Slug! I'd love to check out the Oregon coast some day. I do have a good paddling summer planned so hopefully I can get some good blogging in!