Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catching Up .. boats and stuff.


Getting behind on the posting thing again .. A great trip up to Superior last week, spent some quality time in one Chris's demo Explorers from Boreal Shores Kayaking. I think he needed a new demo for the season and just grabbed one of last years new boats off the rack and let me play with it for the weekend. Well, I've not a great deal of time in Explorers until last week. So, after a great deal of thought on the subject, when I returned I decided to put the Nordkapp up for sale and go for the Explorer. My paddling buddy Dave may be thinking the same thing because he spent a good deal of time in the boat too last week. We've a small group going up this weekend for some much needed time on the islands, I'm sure we will discuss the matter and come up with some solid boat plans!

On another matter. I've been arranging a month in Homer Alaska this summer. I was able to get a month leave from work, and have some friends in great places! More to come on this subject!

2 comments:

anthony schmitz said...

Hey Ron — I have friends in Homer, too. Who do you know up there? Tony

Ron said...

Hi Tony, I have a cousin nearby, another friend who is a custom guitar builder, and I'll be doing a little airplane work with guy that does bear viewing tours. Really looking forward to the summer. I'm still working on coordinating a kayak to use while I'm there, so if you know anyone with a spare boat ..