Sunday, May 20, 2007

Windy Weekend




Another cold and windy weekend. This was to be the "Spring Fling" for SKOAC, one of the local kayaking clubs here in the Twin Cities. I think most folks checked the weather and bailed, probably a good choice ... A few folks showed up, Sarah, Rich, Chris, Courtney, Herb, Lee, Holly, and myself, all made the trip ... in the end only Chris, Courtney, Holly, and I spent Saturday night camped at Tettegouche State Park in the hopes the 25kt winds, and 4-6ft waves would calm down and give us a Sunday morning paddle. It was not to be. I awoke at 5am, checked out the tent flaps only to see more wind, waves, and this time it was snowing! I don't think the temp got above 35F the whole weekend. I did get some hiking in, and spent Sunday afternoon bummin around the North Shore ... would I go again knowing what the weekend had in store? ... absolutely!

4 comments:

DaveO said...

I figured with a north wind you'd at least get to paddle a bit. Sounds like the SKOAC stalwarts hung in there however.

Anonymous said...

If you still had the Jive the weekend would have taken on a different kind of shine ;-)
N

Silbs said...

That wind changed a lot of plans yesterday. Oh well.

Ron said...

A windy rainy weekend on the North Shore still beats a sunny summer day in the cities ... Hey Nora, I did sort of wonder how the Jive would've been in the surf. Congrats on running the St Louis!