Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Last weekend on Superior for awhile



I'd been watching the weather all week, hoping for a break in the wind and rain on Superior. I don't know if it was luck, or a little bit of magic .. my traveling partner remarked she had a little magic working this weekend, and the winds would leave us alone. She was right!

We put in at Burlington Bay in Two Harbors and spent a few hours paddling northward along the shoreline. With the sunshine and a light warm breeze, it was hard to believe we were on Lake Superior for the first Saturday in April.

Sunday morning brought rain, wind, and snow.


This time next week I will be getting last minute preparations in order for the drive to Homer Alaska. It was nice to get up to Superior this Spring, my next time will be in September.


I hope the magic will still be working ...

No comments: