Saturday, February 24, 2007

Plans for 2007




I had a great summer last year, spent 21 nights in a tent while on the shores of Lake Superior, along with a few nights on a Boundary Waters canoe trip. Some of my favorites were on Isle Royale. We spent an extra day at Belle Isle campsite for a wind day, this was probably the nicest. Merritt Lane I remember mostly because we had just paddled around Locke Point in 3 to 5 ft waves, past the Palisades, then around Blake Point in similar conditions. Then into the placid waters protecting Merritt Lane. All night we could hear the waves crashing on Blake Point.
2007 is starting to take shape. Already some plans are in the works for a couple of Apostle Island trips, also some kayak fishing along the South Shore. I'll be taking the ACA Instructor training this spring, Canoecopia is coming up in a couple of weeks, then the Sunday night rolling clinic with Freya, and Greg Stamer. So lots of good things to look forward to this year ... to bad it's still February!
Both pictures taken by Aras.

2 comments:

Silbs said...

Sam and JB will be teacher your IDW course. Consider yourself lucky. Welcome to the ranks.

Ron said...

Thanks! I am looking forward to the training, it will also give me a chance to give something back to an endeavor that has given me so much.