Friday, August 28, 2009

SOF Covering




Well I was just going to repaint the SOF so I could seal up some of the little holes. As I was trying to clean off some of the silicone spots I had dabbed on as a temporary fix for some of the major leaks I got carried away. The skin was somewhere around 5 or 6 years old so it was time to check out the frame work anyway. I found everything in remarkably good condition under the fabric. I should consult a couple of the local builders here on the what I should do next, but it looks pretty strait forward, maybe oil the wood, decide what to cover it with and do it!

2 comments:

Silbs said...

Maybe you can do mine next.

Ron said...

Well I got the idea to repaint the canvas after reading your post the other day, but trying to clean off the patches I had made earlier didn't work so good.
I'll keep you posted on the progress. I may add a little to the bow/stern to get a little better trackiing.