Friday, March 2, 2007

New Reading


I had read "On Celtic Tides" a few years ago, This was the book that inspired me to make some changes in my life. After years of thinking about kayaking, I found a way to get my first kayak. Many things have changed since then. In good ways. I hope someday to meet the author Chris Duff, and thank him.

Some things had brought New Zealand to mind recently, the tragedy with Andrew McCauley as he crossed the Tasman Sea, another team is planning the attempt next year. Currently Sandy Robson is attempting to paddle all the way around Australia So lots of activity in that region of the world. I had been planning on reading "Southern Exposure" for some time, I just never ran across the book in stores, so I finally ordered it. I'm looking forward to Chris Duff taking me with him through the roaring forties.

No comments: